Gratitude seems to be a theme that life is currently bonking me over the head with, so I thought it was time to write about it. My new favorite gospel song, which I learned during my brief stint in Mystic Chorale this winter, is called “Be Grateful:”
God has not promised me sunshine.
That’s not the way it’s supposed to be.
But a little rain
Mixed with God’s sunshine
A little pain
Helps you appreciate the good times.
This past Thursday, I went to my first couchsurfing event, a dinner at Cafe Gratitude – a raw, vegan cafe with all kinds of inspiration going on. Lastly, I met two lovely ladies at a bake sale fundraiser yesterday who shared their blogs with me, and they both appear to do regular weekly gratitude reflections. (You can find their blogs on my new blogroll on the right side of this page).
Thus, I thought this seemed like a good time for me to start my own tradition of gratitude-giving. So here goes!
Things I am thankful for this week:
- The kindness of strangers
- The diversity of landscape in this country
- The moderate temperatures of Los Angeles
- My legs, and their ability to make a bike go “zoomzoom!” (see, Mazda? not everyone needs a car to do that!)
- The internet, and the way in which it puts the solution to so many of life’s little problems at my fingertips.